NORTHERN ONTARIO JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
NOJHL MEDIA UPDATE
Release Date: Monday, Oct. 6, 2014
Cochrane 6th, Sudbury 16th in Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 rankings
SUDBURY – The Canadian Junior Hockey League announced Monday that both the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League’s Cochrane Crunch and the Sudbury Nickel Barons have been tabbed in the Pointstreak CJHL top 20 weekly rankings for the period ending Oct. 5.
Boasting a NOJHL-best 16 points after 10 games, Cochrane was rated sixth in the CJHL in the weekly listings, which are compiled in conjunction with International Scouting Services.
Meanwhile the Sudbury Nickel Barons, who are second in the NOJHL point parade with 15, were slotted in 16th overall in the rankings.
The 2015 RBC Cup host Portage Terriers (MJHL) are the No. 1 club in the CJHL this week followed by the Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL) at No. 2.
The Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL), Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) and the Cobourg Cougars (OJHL) round out the top five, rated third, fourth and fifth respectively.
The following is the Pointstreak CJHL top 20 rankings along with five honourable mention teams for the period ending Oct. 6:
CJHL TOP 20
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST WEEK)
1. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (7)
2. Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL) (3)
3. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (8)
4. Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (9)
5. Cobourg Cougars (OJHL) (NR)
6. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (HM)
7. Princeville Titan (QJHL) (17)
8. Cornwall Colts (CCHL) (12)
9. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (1)
10. Merritt Centennials (BCHL) (15)
11. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (NR)
12. Winnipeg Blues (MJHL) (2)
13. Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (5)
14. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (NR)
15. Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL) (NR)
16. Sudbury Nickel Barons (NOJHL) (11)
17. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (HM)
18. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (4)
19. Dieppe Commandos (MHL) (19)
20. Sherbrooke Cougars (QJHL) (NR)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Prince George Spruce Kings (BCHL), Battleford North Stars (SJHL), Dryden Ice Dogs (SIJHL), Whitby Fury (OJHL), Truro Bearcats (MHL)
ABOUT THE POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS
The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings, in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS), are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.
ABOUT THE CJHL
The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of all 10 Junior A hockey leagues in Canada.
The CJHL represents 129 teams and nearly 3,000 players and has just as many former players furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America.
For latest CJHL news and features, visit www.cjhlhockey.com and follow on Twitter at twitter.com/cjhlhockey or @cjhlhockey.