CALGARY, Alta. (Monday, Dec, 4, 2017) – Rolling right along, the Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) remains the No. 1 ranked team in the Canadian Junior Hockey League and they are the first CJHL club to 30 wins this season.
MHL: The Edmundston Blizzard won all three of their games last week and sit first overall in the MHL while being tabbed 17th in the CJHL. The second place South Shore Lumberjacks secured an Honourable Mention.
LHJAAAQ: Les Cobras de Terrebonne moved to No. 3 nationally while College Français de Longueuil jumps one slot to No. 10 in the 132-team CJHL.
CCHL: With an impressive 30-2-0-3 record, Carleton Place remains No. 1 in the CCHL. Meanwhile the Fred Page Cup-host Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (27-4-1-2) are now up to No. 5 in the nation in the latest listings.
OJHL: A trio of OJHL clubs made moves upwards in the rankings this week with the Toronto Patriots slotted 11th, the Wellington Dukes selected 13th while the Oakville Blades come in at No. 20. The North York Rangers also picked up an Honourable Mention nod.
NOJHL: Winners of their 125th game in franchise history Saturday, the No. 7 Powassan Voodoos are the first NOJHL squad to 50 points. Winners of six straight, the Soo Thunderbirds garnered Honourable Mention status.
SIJHL: Thief River Falls stays No. 2 in the CJHL while the Dudley-Hewitt Cup-host Dryden GM Ice Dogs hold at 8th.
MJHL: A battle for top spot in the MJHL sees No. 14 Steinbach one point up on Honourable Mention Winkler.
SJHL: Three SJHL sides crack the latest rankings with the Battlefords North Stars (9th); Melfort Mustangs (15th) and Nipawin Hawks (16th) all getting national recognition.
AJHL: The Okotoks Oilers are now fourth with the Fort McMurray Oil Barons now up to sixth and the Spruce Grove Saints slotted 18th. The Whitecourt Wolverines meanwhile, pick-up another Honourable Mention placing.
BCHL: The No. 12 Penticton Vees boast the best winning percentage in the BCHL at .768 while the No. 19 Vernon Vipers have the second-best win mark at .719 and have the most points overall in that 17-team league with 46.
CJHL 2017-18 TOP 20 (As of Dec.4/17)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST RANKING)
1. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (1)
2. Thief River Falls Norskies (SIJHL) (2)
3. Les Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) (4)
4. Okotoks Oilers (AJHL) (3)
5. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (7)
6. Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) (9)
7. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (5)
8. Dryden GM Ice Dogs (SIJHL) (8)
9. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (6)
10. College Français de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ) (11)
11. Toronto Patriots (OJHL) (15)
12. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (HM)
13. Wellington Dukes (OJHL) (HM)
14. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (16)
15. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (14)
16. Nipawin Hawks (SJHL) (HM)
17. Edmundston Blizzard (MHL) (20)
18. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (13)
19. Vernon Vipers (BCHL (18)
20. Oakville Blades (OJHL) (HM)
Honourable Mention: Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL); Winkler Flyers (MJHL); Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL); North York Rangers (OJHL); South Shore Lumberjacks (MHL)
ABOUT THE CJHL RANKINGS
Selected by an independent scouting service, the rankings are based upon a variety of factors, including winning percentage; win-loss record; point totals; goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc., and the league they compete in.