CANADIAN JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
For Immediate Release: Monday, Nov. 26, 2012
Thunderbirds move to 7th in CJHL rankings
The surging Soo Thunderbirds continue to make their move up the Canadian Junior Hockey League Top 20 rankings.
Moving up three spots the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League leaders have jumped to seventh overall in the latest listings released Monday.
Currently sitting in top spot in the NOJHL with a league-best 17-2-1-2 overall record and 37 points the T-Birds have gone 14-1-1 in their past 16 outings making them one of the hottest clubs in the entire 128-team CJHL.
The CJHL Top 20 is formulated each week in conjunction with NHL Central Scouting and is based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the teams belong to as well as regular season results.
Holding on to top spot in the CJHL for yet another week are the Alberta Junior Hockey League’s Brooks Bandits who are an impressive 24-1 after 25 games.
Moving back into second spot overall are the Maritime Hockey League’s Truro Bearcats while the Flin Flon Bombers of the Saskatchewan Jr. Hockey League dropped a notch to third.
Rounding out the others presently ahead of Sault Ste. Marie in the rankings are the Minnesota Wilderness (SIJHL), Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) and OCN Blizzard (MJHL) in fourth, fifth and sixth respectively.
The following are the CJHL Top 20 as of Nov. 26, 2012, with the overall ranking, their listing last week, the team as well as the league they are a member of.
1. (1) Brooks Bandits (AJHL)
2. (3) Truro Bearcats (MHL)
3. (2) Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL)
4. (4) Minnesota Wilderness (SIJHL)
5. (6) Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL)
6. (5) OCN Blizzard (MJHL)
7. (10) Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL)
8. (7) Grande Prairie Storm (AJHL)
9. (9) Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL)
10. (12) Buffalo Jr. Sabres (OJHL)
11. (13) Summerside Western Capitals (MHL)
12. (11) Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL)
13. (15) Penticton Vees (BCHL)
15. (8) Winnipeg Blues (MJHL)
16. (17) Yarmouth Jr. ‘A’ Mariners (MHL)
17. (HM) Yorkton Terriers (SJHL)
18. (HM) Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL)
19. (19) Smiths Falls Bears (CCHL)
20. (20) Saint Jerome Pantheres (LHJAAAQ)
Honourable Mention: Surrey Eagles (BCHL), Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL), St. Michael’s Buzzers (OJHL), Oakville Blades (OJHL), Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL).
The CJHL is an amalgamation of 10 Junior A hockey leagues from across Canada.
More information on the CJHL can be found by clicking on the league website www.cjhlhockey.com.