NORTHERN ONTARIO JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
NOJHL NETWORK MEDIA UPDATE
Release Date: Monday, Oct. 10, 2016
Trio of NOJHL clubs tabbed in latest CJHL rankings
SUDBURY – The latest edition of the Canadian Junior Hockey League’s Top 20 rankings announced Monday feature a trio of Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League clubs garnering recognition.
The surging Cochrane Crunch has jumped to No. 6 overall in the 132-team CJHL while the Timmins Rock make their first appearance in the listings at No. 19 while the Powassan Voodoos earned honourable mention status.
Cochrane currently tops the overall NOJHL standings with 18 points and an impressive 8-0-1-1 record.
Timmins meanwhile is 7-2-0-0 to begin the campaign under veteran bench boss Paul Gagne.
As for Powassan, the Voodoos boast a 7-2-1-0 mark though 10 outings.
The Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) remains the No. 1 rated team in the CJHL this week followed by the Terrebonne Cobras (QJHL) at No. 2 and the Yarmouth Jr. A Mariners (MHL), who sit in the No. 3 slot.
The following is the latest CJHL Top 20 rankings and five honourable mention teams:
CJHL TOP 20 (As of Oct. 10)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST WEEK)
1. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (1)
2. Terrebonne Cobras (QJHL) (2)
3. Yarmouth Jr. ‘A’ Mariners (MHL) (3)
4. Wenatchee Wild (BCHL) (5)
5. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (6)
6. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (8)
7. College Francais de Longueil (QJHL) (12)
8. Pictou County Weeks Crushers (MHL) (HM)
9. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (11)
10. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (9)
11. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (18)
12. Dryden GM Ice Dogs (SIJHL) (NR)
13. Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) (NR)
14. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (NR)
15. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (20)
16. Miramichi Timberwolves (MHL) (10)
17. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (16)
18. Okotoks Oilers (AJHL) (14)
19. Timmins Rock (NOJHL) (NR)
20. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (19)
Honourable Mention: Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL); Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL); Brooks Bandits (AJHL); Coburg Cougars (OJHL); Wellington Dukes (OJHL)
ABOUT THE CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS
The CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.
ABOUT THE CJHL
The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of all 10 Junior A hockey leagues in Canada.
The CJHL represents 132 teams and nearly 3,000 players and has just as many former players furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America.
For latest CJHL news and features, visit www.cjhlhockey.com and follow on Twitter at twitter.com/cjhlhockey or @cjhlhockey.