NORTHERN ONTARIO JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
NOJHL NETWORK MEDIA UPDATE
Release Date: Monday, Jan. 25, 2016
4-pack of NOJHL clubs in latest CJHL rankings
Soo Thunderbirds remain No. 1 overall
SUDBURY – The latest Canadian Junior Hockey League’s Pointstreak Top 20 weekly rankings announced Monday sees the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League well represented once again as four member clubs earned recognition.
The NOJHL-leading Soo Thunderbirds remain the No. 1 side in the 131-team CJHL for a second straight week.
Joining the T-Birds in the listings, which are compiled in conjunction with International Scouting Services, are the Cochrane Crunch, Powassan Voodoos and Kirkland Lake Gold Miners, who were slotted eighth, 15th and 19th respectively.
Sault Ste. Marie continues to pace the NOJHL West and the overall standings with a league-best 71 points and a 35-4-0-1 record.
Cochrane meanwhile tops the NOJHL East with 66 points to their credit having gone 31-7-2-2 so far this season.
Powassan is 26-8-3-2 while surging Kirkland Lake has won eight straight as the 2016 Dudley-Hewitt Cup hosts boast a 28-8-2-1 mark.
The Penticton Vees (BCHL) stay at No. 2 in the CJHL with the defending RBC Cup national Jr. A champion Portage Terriers (MJHL) moving up to No. 3.
The following is the Pointstreak CJHL top 20 rankings and five honourable mention squads for the period ending Jan. 24:
POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (PREVIOUS RANKING)
1. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (1)
2. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (2)
3. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (4)
4. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (3)
5. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (6)
6. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (5)
7. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (7)
8. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (10)
9. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (8)
10. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (9)
11. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (11)
12. College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (12)
13. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (13)
14. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (14)
15. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (15)
16. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (16)
17. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (18)
18. Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL) (HM)
19. Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL) (HM)
20. Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (19)
Honourable Mention: Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL); Winkler Flyers (MJHL); Georgetown Raiders (OJHL); Cumberland Grads (CCHL); Sainte-Agathe Montagnards (QJHL)
ABOUT THE POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS
The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.
ABOUT THE CJHL
The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of all 10 Junior A hockey leagues in Canada.
The CJHL represents 131 teams and nearly 3,000 players and has just as many former players furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America.
For latest CJHL news and features, visit www.cjhlhockey.com and follow on Twitter at twitter.com/cjhlhockey or @cjhlhockey.
Specialized for the needs of leagues, teams, associations and governing bodies, Pointstreak Sports Technologies’ solutions streamline operations and improve the experience of sports participants, fans and media. Visit their website at www.pointstreak.com.